Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Camping over Memorial Weekend


















We decided to go camping this last weekend since Craig had Memorial day off.  We spent the longest time deciding on  spot.  Craig wanted a nice secluded place that a million people wouldn't be at.  We changed the location about a dozen times and right before leaving we changed it again. 

We invited Craig's younger sister Lindsey and her family.  We planned a menu and split up the meals with the Lillywhites.  Every time I thought about it, my list of things to pack grew exponentially.  We haven't camped like that for a while...usally Craig's mom is nearby with her 5th wheel so stuff like spatula, whisk, knife, dish soap and can openers are things we never have to worry about...  We had our explorer packed full and the back of their truck plum full as well.  GEZZ... We still managed to leave some stuff behind...like condiments, pancake mix, peppers, and newspaper to start the fires...but it turned out to be a great weekend.  

Friday night was pretty cold(not to cold...but my toes were cold) but the next 2 nights weren't so bad.  It actually rained and kept things warm.

The guys went fishing with the kids and even let them fish for a second :)  We all went for a little day hike that was pretty fun and the kids did great.  Craig has been wanting to go on little day hikes with them so we can go on longer hikes when their older.  We played board games, took naps, and just relaxed and enjoyed the scenery.  We found a really great spot, in this little valley/meadow next to the creek.  It was perfect because we only had one fellow camper near by and they were bear hunting, which alarmed us a little but at least the had dogs to warm us of near by bears.  They kept us entertained most of the trip.  We thought we might see a bear but they were only training...and actually treed one.

overall great weekend and I guess I better get back to the laundry...

2 comments:

Camile said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! We've never tried camping without parents around either - I still feel like I'm too young to being doing something like that on my own! :) I really want to start going though.

I love all you pictures - you take such good ones. I wish I had a nice camera!

Love your outhouse!

White Family said...

It looks like you guys had a BLAST!