Tuesday, November 25, 2008

TWILIGHT!!!

Well we convinced my in-laws to watch the kids so we could finally go watch Twilight last night. **the joys of living close to family.** (and by close I mean about 100 yards away)

It was good!!!!! Some disappointments however: The length would have dissipated a few of those disappointments. If it was longer, they would have been able to drag it out a little more...seemed rushed and forced at times. Like the fact that they skipped all the agony and dilemma he felt when he first met her and was going to leave forks and stay away from her...He is gone from school a few days and comes back madly in love with her and is tired of trying to stay away??? What do you mean, I didn't see you try to stay away...you were just gone for a few days....anyway also Craig, one who hasn't read the books, said they needed to do more character development. I had to do some explaining to him. There's a lot of "inportant main" characters in this movie that don't get a lot off face time, so I can see the difficulty in that. Also craig was wondering more about James...needed to fill us in to why he was all obsessed with Bella...kind of just jumped into that full force with no build up at all.

What did you all think?

Also the sun exposure was a little disappointing. Edward made such a big deal about showing her and it wasn't anything...looked like glitter on his face. Yeah he would stand out in a crowed but I was envisioning "eye squinting" angel-like glow.

Overall I think I liked it a lot and was impressed with the acting. I actually really liked Edward in the beginning being all jerky :) I was a little on the fence with him as Edward but I think he did a great job.. Especially with the kiss scene...well done! but being the gentleman you are you could have asked her to put some pants on..... And like craig has said time and time again...if he wasn't good looking he would be considered a creepy stalker and sent to jail. ...It's all about how you look.

Can't wait for more character development of Jacob though........GO TEAM JACOB!!!!!!

4 comments:

Jill W said...

I agree with you, especially about the glitter thing. It's totally a movie for the girls who've already read the book.

Katyanne said...

yeah! Also the part were he was lite yeah a lion feel in love with the sheep...HELLO!!!!! he just told you he loved you for the first time and...and it was nothing...like no big deal! I was like what!!!! It felt rushed but still its a big deal!

Brittney said...

I watched it last night and Man, I cant stop grinning... mostly because I thought so much of it was SO cheezy! I LOVED the baseball game, and whenever Billy and Jacob were around The entertainment was high... But I thought so much of it was awkward... Especially parts that I think were supposed to be funny that were just... weird "Lion?Lamb line..." and then in sexiest voice Edward could muster, " Hang on tight Spider monkey" I about lost it right there... If nothing else I get a pretty decent glare from Greg as I've tried to adopt that as his new nick name... yeah I was dissapointed..

Laura H. said...

I really liked the movie, but in a "I'm 15 years old again" kind of a way. :) I was afraid after seeing the previews that they would make the whole thing dark and brooding, but they did a good job adding some of the humor I felt like was in the book. I totally agree with you about the length in terms of character/plot development, but I guess that's how it goes. Oh, and I totally agree with your husband about the whole "Edward is a creepy stalker" thing, but I still can't help but love him. :)