Tuesday, November 11, 2008

MOVING ON...

Not much has been going on.  I have been packing up because we are moving all of our stuff down to Emmett during our trip for thanksgiving....hopefully trying to get a jump before the snow falls.  The kids and I will stay down there for the duration of the semester while Craig comes back for the last 3 weeks of finals.  

We are spending Christmas this year visiting my family in California, and since we will already be away from Craig we decided to go early and spend a few extra weeks with them before Craig comes down when he graduates.  It's always rough to fly by myself with the two kids but I think they are old enough now to make it manageable.  And the last few times I was home (in cali) alone without craig...my kids were the only grandkids and I had to watch them like a hawk because the house wasn't kid friendly and they were bored and found fun things to do like draw on the walls (and projector screens) and glue crap to the entertainment center...so I am confident with more grandkids it will be a lot easier on me (and my parents and siblings houses)... plus there should be more people around during the work day for me to hang with.

AND ... I can't wait to meet little Ethyn Tyler...the only other grandson, besides my Soren, so far on my parents side.  He was born in August and I haven't met him yet.

Also to see my brother Justin who just graduated from the police academy and one of the newest members of the California Highway Patrol.  Apparently he looks quit dashing in his uniform.    

2 comments:

Erika and Jason said...

I had no idea that you weren't going to come back after Thanksgiving. That is so sad:( Thanks for coming tonight I had lots of fun talking to you!

The Wendt Family said...

I have not seen Justin in his uniform, but he has definitely got into great shape!