Monday, November 9, 2009

Great dilemmas

The last 6 years, being the first 6 years of our marriage, were spent being young poor college students. And starting a family when you are young poor college students leaves you with certain dilemmas that you usually don't get to pick the outcomes of. You aren't usually giving much choice of things to get for the babies or where to put the nursery.... You live in a very small 2 bedroom apartment and the kids are gonna share :) You get the hand me down clothes and cribs you can get your hands on and smile with gratitude :) Being Young I never really felt like I was without anything. Being young and in college you still have the willing help of your parents and they both have been life savers over the years.

We actually have nice sturdy trim around the door so we can actually hang up the jump a roo thing :) I love how the most stressful dilemmas I have is whether or not I am going to put the baby in the SPARE room or if he will share with Soren. I HAVE A SPARE ROOM!!!! Or if I am going to put the swing upstairs in the family room or downstairs near kitchen so I can swing him occupied while I clean up.

We are going to put up our very first christmas tree this year because we will actually be home for christmas. We have always lived far away from both parents and so have taken both holidays (Thanksgiving and Christmas) off each year to travel to see them.

It has just been really nice looking forward to the future and being able to plan and choose and experience this new phase in our lives. I am really trying to take it all in and enjoy all these great dilemmas for once before all the really hard dilemmas of this phase in our lives kick in.

No comments: