Friday, December 18, 2009

it's the little things in life....

I've been trying to think of something that I have been doing the last few weeks but can't think of anything since I don't have pictures...it's like I didn't do anything :)

I went to my second cookie exchange last night and it was so fun. I never heard of this cookie exchange before this year and was invited to 2 :) must be big here in meridian idaho.... for anyone else who is as clueless as me its where you have this get together and everyone brings a dozen or 2 dozen cookies (depending on how many people are invited). while there everyone switches their cookies with everyone else so you leave home with a dozen or 2 dozen different kinds of cookies. While there they can be judged or you can just play games like any other get together. It's been nice to be invited and get to know some of the lady's in my ward. I wasn't sure I really wanted to go to this one last night...simply because the last one threw me into this eating binge for days afterwards and I really didn't want to start that up again...but I'm glad I did and had a blast. The cookies are now on my fridge and as long as I stay upstairs I am safe....

another thing that we did was installed some cabinets in the garage and cleaned and organized the garage a bit this week. So much more room in there now and I feel better than my photo stuff is off the floor. Derek, my brother in law, works for treasure valley closets which makes and installs cabinets for closets and garages among other things, but when they get a scuffed up one or return than the employees get first dibs and Derek has been gathering them for us since getting our house. We now have 2 and I love having them.

on a different note Kaydence felt the baby for the first time today. She laid her head on my belly and felt a kick and got so excited. Soren wasn't patient or quite enough to wait for one. I am so excited that they're old enough to kind of understand what's going on...

No comments: