Friday, September 3, 2010

Kaydence is now in 1st grade!!!!

Kaydence started 1st grade this week. While most moms have been crying about this day, I have been waiting for this day for the past 6 years!!! She thrives on routines and crafts and busy work and I just can't keep up sometimes. Well the week before school started, it dawned on me that she was going to be gone ALL DAY. I would see her less in the day than she would be at school...which means others are going to influence her more than I will. All I wanted was to be able to do the dishes and not come upstairs to find a whole ream of computer paper and 5 glue sticks used up in one sitting. I think all I was needing was maybe 1 day where she was gone all day. When it hit me, I started to tear up myself. I really didn't think that would happen. Well it's too late now! It's friday and she is at school finishing up her last day of the first week of all day school. SHE LOVES IT, which I knew she would. And it has been nice to spend some quality one on one time with Soren. He starts half day school next tuesday so when he is gone I will get one on one time with just Ivan. A LOT of commuting back and forth taking the 2 to school and back but it will be nice to give each child some proper attention for a change.

No comments: