Sunday, September 19, 2010

hair cut



I've always had long hair (besides that phase were I wanted to be a boy in 5th grade) and since having children my hair has gotten really thin, pretty much non existent and coupled with also having baby fine and frizzy hair makes for terrible hair to have. When I was a kid I would go in and get a cut and they would blow dry my hair half dry/straight and I would leave home crying until I got home and finished drying/straighten my hair and realized it was fine. **not everyone has hair that just blow drys straight people!!!!!** So I have always just kept it long and trimmed it myself once or twice a year. I don't like salons. I got a gift card coupon from city smart a few months ago for this nicer salon and decided to treat myself. I got the cut, full highlights and style for 35$. I have been looking at pictures after picture trying to find a haircut suitable for my face shape and hair thickness and decided I might try short??? was worried but was willing to give it a try. The hair guy didn't suggest cutting it too short since it was really thin and would be really hard to manage. We settled on this length. sometimes I don't like it, sometimes I do. haven't really had much time to test out how hard it will be to do each morning but so far I am glad I cut it. Craig has ALWAYS said he liked long hair but today I ask him if he liked it...YES (of corse what else would he say :) ) but then I asked "do you like my long hair better?} .... um, NO! WOW, never thought I would hear that, so that makes me feel good. apparently you are suppose to get your hair cut like every 6-8 weeks...thats what the hair guy said when trying to get me to make another appointment...um no, more like once a year for me thanks :) The cut and color was a special treat, I don't do this often.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I love it! What a great picture! I think it's a really great look on you. Love it!