Sunday, September 5, 2010

Soren 5th birthday celebration















5 years ago this labor day weekend I was in LABOR with Soren. I can't beleive he is already 5. He is such a sweet little boy. I promised him a few weeks ago that I would take him to chuck E cheese as a family for his birthday. His birthday feel on a Sunday this year so we decided to go on Saturday. We went to a lowes building workshop for kids a few weeks ago and the kids had a blast. I found how home depot was doing there's on Soren's birthday celebration day and thought he would like that. They were making football display stands so I decided to get him a football for his birthday. Kaydence came along and made one too because she just loves crafts no matter what it is.

On friday we got a last minute invite to a birthday party from a kid in Kaydence's class. It was the first week of school so anything would have been cutting it pretty close :) So We took kids to Home depot at 9.30. Then straight to Chuck E. Cheese after. Then took Kaydence straight over to her friend Julian for his party. His dad invited us ALL IN so Soren got to play as well, and Craig and I got to chat with some parents from Kaydence class and got to meet some people. It was such a nice breezy day. Julian's dad had rented one of those huge bounce houses and had a trampoline as well so the kids had a blast. It was great, I was actually imagining throwing Soren a party very similar but just nothing seemed right when in preparation to plan. Both my kids birthday's fall on holidays and it's just so tricky to plan anything around them.

So anyway... it was nice that Soren got his big party with a bounce house and cake and ice cream at someone else's expense :)

We finished off the very busy and fun birthday celebration with Soren opening his presents. He was SO excited when he opened up the football. He said "ooooooooooh THANKS MOM!!!!! as he pulled it out of the bag." He got so excited about everything even thought it wasn't much. He got his "big" present last week with the trampoline, so I was a little worried he would have felt gypt on his big day. Also as I was walking around stores and looking online for something I couldn't think of anything to get him!!!!!

We didn't do a cake because he got cake and ice cream at julian's party but on Sunday when his grandparents came over they brought him one!!!!! It was perfect, I even had a 5 candle just sitting in my drawer. Everything worked out great this weekend and we still have tomorrow (LABOR DAY) to be as a family.


1 comment:

Hugo Family said...

YOu guys were BUSY!!! Sounds/looks like you all had a great day. Happy Birthday Soren!