Tuesday, January 20, 2009

goodbye to the bush administration

I figured with all the negativity towards Bush and his administration I would be the one and only to give a shout out to him today.  After all, even after everything,  I would at least say he is pretty much the most courage person in all of america.  It's easy to like Obama when the world loves him.  It's even easy to hate Bush because all of america hates him.  I heard the Mr. President song by Pink the other day for the first time and about chocked on my craisen.  What a joke of a song!!!  How "rebellious" pink to sing a nasty song about a president everyone already hates.  Seems to me, that's more of following the "in" crowd rather than being a rebel.  

Did you happen to know that his approval rating at the time he First attacked and started the war was among the highest of any president?????  America was attacked!!!!!  Everyone wanted him to retaliate, he had to do something.  I would like to know what our precious Obama would have done during this time.  He says he was against the war, that much we know.  But what.  America has been attacked and everyone is yelling and turning at you to fight back...what do you do?  

Whatever you may think about Bush and conspiracy theories and going to war simply for oil!?!?!?!?!  Did it ever occur to anyone that maybe, possibly, by chance, we were attacked because the previous president, whom everyone seems to think was an amazing president, cut our military and homeland security back by more than half.  

But not do you have this tragedy happens in one presidential term but also one of the biggest natural disasters occurs on your watch as well.  All I can say is, Gore is siting back and thanking his lucky stars he didn't win the election...because instead of having to deal with these disasters he's gaining the love and devotion of america making stupid movies and winning prizes.  How conceded and self-absorbed can you be to think we have any effect on this grand world we live in. "oh but we have been monitoring the earths temperatures for 50 years and its gradually gone up 10 degrees in that time"  oh!!! I'm sorry!!! I apologize!!!! considering this world is billions of years old and has gone through ice ages and volcano and lava ages and back again maybe a hundred times in its lifetime, all done without humans and their suv's and hairspray.   You might want to consider that monitoring 50 years of the earths existence means nothing in the grand scheme of things.  But GORE is another story...back to Bush.

Like I was trying to say.. Bush did what he had to, fight back and attack.  Everyone loved what he did and felt safe again.  But he couldn't just leave when it wasn't popular anymore.  He made a mess and had to stay and fix it.  Everyone else can change their mind, say if they knew now what they knew then, they wouldn't have attacked...well BUSH, the president of the United states can't do that.  He can't say oops sorry! and abandon these countries like that.  He has to stay the course and stick to his convictions.  He can't say america was wrong.  Everyone hates him and he has to stand up, with his Head held tall and smile and go forward.  That my friends is courage.  Doing what you believe is right when everyone is spiting in your face, telling you your wrong.

I don't know how wars work but I am pretty sure all the other ones lasted just as long as this one.  And if he hadn't gone to war, he would be just as hated now for not doing anything.  Its a lose lose.

I wouldn't say Bush is the worst president of all time...I would say that the years of 2000-2008 were pretty crapy in terms of american history and Bush takes the fall because he happened to be president during that time.  He didn't cause it.    *we didn't start a war, we were attacked first. *who can really prepare for a natural disaster such as katrina. *the economy went to crap because oil prices were way to high for anyone to stay in business.  Bush didn't have anything to do with that...we just dependent on foreign oil and they finally realized they could charge whatever they wanted and we would pay it.

Good luck Obama..I don't know how you got into office and don't personally think you have the chops for it or the experience but I am an american and you are now my President and I will give you the respect the office of the president holds unlike everyone else and their respect for Bush.  We are AMERICA and need to be UNITED.  We know he can give a good speech..lets see if he can walk the walk.     

5 comments:

Lindz_e said...

I was thinking a lot of the same things when I watched bush leave the white house today. I think he did a good job. I was thinking I wish there was a way to tell him Thank You .

Brittney said...

Amen Katy. It will be interesting to see what kind of things people are saying about Obama when he leaves office. It seems Americans can be pretty fair weathered friends.

Camile said...

I am SO NOT a political person, but I really liked and appreciated this post. I don't know what else to say, but I really believe what you were saying about courage and unity and everything. Way to be courageous yourself and post this!

The Wendt Family said...

Amen Sista! Or...cousin. I agree...All of my friends are the "bush haters" and this is the same stuff I've been saying. You can't convince a LIEberal though. (like that one? got it from a debate I read earlier)

Taylorbriguy said...

Do we want President Obama to succeed? Here's how one of my hero's puts it (hope the link works)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ETnzur7oVA&eurl=http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_012209/content/01125108.member.html


Good stuff Katy!

-Brian T