Tuesday, January 6, 2009

My existential crisis!!!

ok so her's the delio.

Since moving down here and immediately leaving for California for 3 weeks and then returning I have been having a lazy rutt.  An existential crisis if you will.  I have no Church callings or responsibilities yet.  I don't know anyone in the ward other than my in laws and since I have been to this ward a bunch over the years they don't seem to think they need to properly induct us into their ward with visits and welcomes and introductions.  
Kaydence is on a waiting list for preschool, so who knows if she will even get into one this winter.  I don't have a job or schooling and even Craig doesn't have a job or class to get to.  No mommy and me group.  No story time at the library.  The kids don't have dance class or gymnastics to get to.  No reason to get dressed in the morning, and being sick I haven't most this week.  The most excitement we've have all week is getting all dressed up to walk the 50 feet across the snowy driveway to the in-laws for Family Home Evening last night.  I have no responsibilities and nothing to do...I might as well be dead and no one would even notice for months.  
It's so so cold and snowy and practically a death trap outside, that I don't want to go out and down to the bank to get new debit cards.
I was lead to believe that Emmett, "the Boise area" doesn't snow a lot like other idaho areas, and was "ok" with settling down here when we actually got a job, and a house, but with the snow on the ground that DOES seem to be STICKING, unlike what I have been told, it gets me thinking I want to go back to CALIFORNIA and stick it out with the liberals rather than have this winter rutt every year.  

4 comments:

Erika and Jason said...

I kind of feel the same way. I need a job but I really love being at home and staying in my pjs until noon.

Lindz_e said...

I'v not set a foot outside my door since Sat. =) What you are feeling right now... That is kind of why I wanted out of Emmett. I started to feel depressed and alone . I didn't have my own life. I just did what ever my parents were doing or just staying at my house. Maybe find a new hobby or something. You are invited to come hang out with me any time. I am not contagious anymore.

Camile said...

I TOTALLY know what you mean about the winter rutt! It's especially hard when you have two energetic kids who don't understand why Mommy is so boring (or depressed) all the time! And on top of it all, it's especially hard to be new and not really have any good friends. I really do feel for you! I hope things start getting better - I'm sure they will once we start seeing more grass and sunshine and stuff like that. (It's just waiting that long that is hard.) Don't you just wonder how people did it "way back when" - no library, no stores, no neighbors (in some cases), no books and toys for kids, no TV, no preschool (or sometimes no elementary school)....

Good luck - I'm thinking of you!

Sarah Brimhall said...

Move to Corona, California! We can stick it out with the liberals together!!!