Sunday, February 1, 2009

oh Kaydence!!!! What a cutie

Last night we came home for eating at a well deserved and long over due family dinner at a mexican restaurant.  It was late and past the kids bedtime so I told them to hurry up and get their pj's on and I would read them their story.  They begged to stay up so I gave them the choice to either stay up for a few more minutes or their bedtime story.  They of course choice to stay up a few more minutes.  After a few more minutes Kaydence came in and wanted to play the Wii.  I said no and preceded to tell her it was time for bed.  She got really upset and told me "but mom!!!! you said I could stay up and play the game."  I said no I didn't say that.  I told you, you could stay up a little longer but didn't say anything about playing the video game.  We went back and forth for some time, and she kept insisting that she knew for a fact because she heard  me say it.  She wasn't caving anytime soon so I said something like....well even if I did say that, I change my mind then...its time for bed.  She grunted and walked off to her bedroom.  I was laying on my bed when a few moments later she comes walking in with her arms crisscrossed around a book held to her chest.  She walks in, tilts her head, starts swaying side to side and smiles and says...well!!!!! if you can change your mind, then I want to change my mind about the story.  :)  I just about died, it was so funny.  What a smarty pants...I, of course, caved and read her the story :)   I wish I could be the quick and smart sometimes.

2 comments:

Lindz_e said...

She is a smarty she is always thinking of a way to make things work.

Camile said...

I LOVE IT!!!! Just watch out for those teenage years - yikes! What a little smary pants. I think it is so cute!

Isn't it funny (not always at the moment) how you can get into debates with a 4-year-old?! I few months ago Carly was whining about cleaning up after herself - she said, "Why do I have to do all the cleaning at our house?!" Then we had a debate about who REALLY does all the cleaning in our house - too funny!